I doubt that the imagination can be suppressed. If you truly eradicated it in a child, he would grow up to be an eggplant.
~ Ursula K. LeGuin
- Recipe adapted from Chocolate & Zucchini – Oven-Roasted Ratatouille
1 red onion
3 garlic cloves, peeled
2 vine-ripened tomatoes
3/4 red capsicum
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried marjoram
Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Slice the onion, garlic and vegetables. Put them all into a medium-sized baking dish (I used a 13″ oval one). Add in the herbs, some salt and pepper, drizzle olive oil over it and toss to combine. Cover the dish and bake it for 40 minutes.
- Take the lid off the dish and bake it for another 25 minutes, until the cooking juices have evaporated and the vegetables are nicely roasted.
- Cooking times may vary depending on your oven, the size of your baking dish and the amount of vegetables you use – so keep an eye on it!
- Remove the sprigs of herbs, and serve. I like mine with a poached egg on top!
- Yields 2 servings.